Powercut is now expanding its team and invites applications for the position of Warehouse Operative. We are looking for passionate, talented, flexible and responsive people to join our business.
As an employer, Powercut applies a policy of equal opportunities.
Warehouse Operative - Job Responsibilities:
- Pick and pack product based on daily orders. Handle items from the shelves based on number, size, colour, quantity, and quality requirements.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner ensuring that the orders are accurate.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitor product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment/packaging (scanners, tagging, punch, bubble wrap, pallet wrap etc) and ensure safety regulations are followed.
- Record daily productivity, including completion of all Customer information sheets.
- Reports any problems.
- Plan and monitor storage and dispatch.
- Monitor stock control systems and oversee stock replenishment, manually and on computerised systems.
- Utilise continuous improvement mindset and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Load delivery vehicles.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned, general and warehouse.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a warehouse preferred.
- Experience with stock control systems.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to stay on feet for long periods of time.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, active and safety conscious.
- Ability to work in a fact paced, busy environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Be very well organised and able to multitask.
Offered as a contract to permanent position basis depending on the candidate.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, must be flexible to meet the demands of scheduled campaigns and seasonal shifts in demand of product.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the suitable candidate, open to negotiation.
Holiday entitlements as per the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Fluent English
- Good literacy and numeracy skills. Secondary school educational certificate to a good standard.
- Previous warehouse experience desirable.
- Candidates must hold a valid work permit.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline Tuesday 16th March.
To be a great place to work, we need great people to work with us.