Powercut x Dublin Simon Community: Supporting Homelessness
We are believers, here at Powercut, in helping those most vulnerable in our society. From Friday 21st August we will be putting our efforts into supporting those people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in partnership with the team at Dublin Simon Community.
We are giving a pair of leggings or sports bra to the Dublin Simon Community, for EVERY purchase made to support their clients across their services. YOU will be supporting their Health & Wellbeing and Outreach programmes that provide essential care for those that need it most and mostly those sleeping rough!
During lockdown, we learned of the importance of going the extra mile for people in our society. To thank the hardworking healthcare staff of Ireland & UK, we gave 50% off all purchases for the duration of this challenging time. From that we grew a core principle of our business; 'Empowering others.' It was a small gesture but we could see and feel the impact it had. This is what has encouraged us to partner with the Dublin Simon Community for our next campaign.
Dublin Simon Community provides services to over 7,600 people in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan and Louth who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Services range from:
- Homelessness prevention services to support people at risk of losing their home
- Outreach services such as food, medical support, harm reduction and shelter to people who are rough sleeping
- Emergency accommodation for adults and couples experiencing homelessness
- Treatment, counselling and recovery services to people experiencing homelessness with addiction or mental health issues
- Supported housing for people unable to live independently and independent housing units for people ready for unassisted living
- Education, Employability & Wellbeing services to help people build their skillset, confidence and find stable employment
Play your part, help us to make homelessness in Ireland a little bit easier.
Find out more about Dublin Simon Community's work at https://www.dubsimon.ie/what-we-do/participation-development/health-wellbeing/